Welcome to Warner Brook
Warner Brook is a mixed use annexation application for the Town of Purcellville.
Located on the north side of Rt. 7, on the east side of Rt. 611 Purcellville Road, Warner Brook has already become surrounded by Purcellville Town limits on two sides, on land in the County comprehensive plan designated JLMA for potential township expansion.
The concept plan on 131 acres would include:
- 9 acres for an indoor sportsplex,
- 22 acres for outdoor sports fields,
- 24 acres for small business light industrial
- 11 acres for mixed commercial
- 65 acres for residential
Benefits For All Citizens
Even considering appropriate cautions over growth within the current Town of Purcellville limits, the Town’s citizens and communities still deserve progress.
Purcellville citizens deserve conveniences with enhanced and expanded benefits that are consistent with Purcellville’s existing character, amenities, and resources. Warner Brook proposes to build upon elements that have always given Purcellville its small town flavor and feel.
- Additional convenient facilities for sports and family recreation, indoors and outdoors
- Functional venues for community and private events
- Increased sports and events visitors bringing tourism spending to Purcellville retail businesses for economic development
- Land sites for more Purcellville small businesses to buy, adding real estate assets on their balance sheets
- Mixed commercial on the north side of Rt. 7 Bypass, reducing trips into downtown for conveniences
- Positive fiscal impact for every tax payer and utility rate payer in Purcellville
- Beginning in July 2019, all citizens are faced with a 9% annual increase in Purcellville utility rates, for five consecutive years, which will be a 56% rate increase from now through 2025.
- Warner Brook $10 million in one-time fees, plus $962,000 annual revenue enhancement, will add fiscal sustainability to Town of Purcellville finances and reduce pressure on citizen and commercial tax and utility rates.
Facilities that Fit with Purcellville
Warner Brook sportsplex facilities would be conveniently close to home, for less driving. Like Fireman’s Field and Bush Tabernacle, the sportsplex would support Purcellville’s family recreation, youth sports programming, community events, visitor tourism, and commercial tax base. Warner Brook retail center and industrial park opportunities would support Purcellville’s small and local business community and commercial tax base.
Positive Fiscal Impact
Citizen tax payers also deserve progress for sustainable fiscal stability for the Town. Warner Brook commercial tax base, incremental one time fees and ongoing annual revenue support the Town, so that citizen utility fees and tax rates don’t grow.
Careful Consideration of All Impacts
All Citizens of Purcellville deserve to have these benefits evaluated carefully against other Warner Brook impacts that would affect them, including traffic projections, ongoing expenses, and phasing of development over time.
Warner Brook issues for Purcellville should be considered from two perspectives: How things impact all the citizens of Purcellville, pros and cons; and, how things impact the Town of Purcellville’s fiscal stability and health, pros and cons. This website provides thorough information on all these impacts.
Study the Warner Brook Annexation from these perspectives. Ask yourself how you might be impacted, and how the Town of Purcellville might be impacted. Ask yourself if it is beneficial to undertake study of this Annexation Application and address it thoroughly to examine all the pros and cons.
Tell your Town Council that you want them to study Warner Brook carefully.